Wednesday 18 November 2009

Sheila Rabin emails; more Kepler articles

I have had a really nice email reply from Sheila Rabin, Professor of History at a Jesuit College in the USA and author of several really interesting articles on Kepler. As I thought, the journal Studia Copernicana, which recently featured the papers from a Kepler conference in 2008, is really hard to get hold of. But she has been in touch with the Polish editor and has given me his email address so I can try and get a copy from him.

Slightly less good, she also mentioned that Bruce Stephenson might be working on De stella nova. She wasn't sure how far he had got, but that would be a real shame if he is doing something substantial on it. I shall ignore that possibility.

Into Oxford for various things. Disappointingly, The Radcliffe Science Library still doesn't have the Nov 09 issue of Journal of the History of Astronomy. This feature four articles on Kepler which I would like to read. Also the issue from Vol 39 with the article by Michael Granada on Kepler and Bruno remains missing. But I did find some stuff, mainly articles on aspects of Kepler's optical theories.

No comments: