Monday 2 November 2009

PhD proposal work, online application

Back from France and now, with some urgency, I need to get going on my PhD appplication. There is just over two weeks till the deadline but that deadline includes things like the third party references. So today I have created an application account, and put in most of the standing data that I can do at the moment - page after page of stuff required.

But the main problem is that there are several documents that I need to attach and which are not in any sort of shape to be included. I need two examples of my written work. My plan is to include an excerpt from the large comet paper that I've been working on over the last few months. The second paper may well have to be a philosophy of science essay from last year - perhaps the Duhem-Quine one. Then apparently I need to include a CV.

However the main issue is my actual proposal. I have no examples of exactly what this should be like but at least I have jotted down several pages of possible points to include. But today all I did on this was produce some sort of ordering of the points.

I feel very like I did with the MSc proposal and application. I think I should be an excellent candidate, but so much is out of my control and that leave me feeling that my chances are not so high. I expect to spend much of the next few days on this proposal and the completion of the other stuff, but maybe it will all be done by the end of the week?

No comments: