Saturday 7 November 2009

Strange Tantric Sex Dream

One of the most influential books on me when I was a teenager was Lisa Alther's Kinflicks. Towards the end of this, the heroine, Ginny, is newly married but, for complex reasons, is allowing a hippy, newly back from India, to live in her garage, unbeknown to her husband. The hippy is teaching Ginny about tantric sex and over several weeks they master a series of preliminary exercises. But then, on the big day, disaster strikes; they both fall asleep at the vital moment and the great cosmic event fails to occur - one of the funniest scenes in the book.

For the first time in three or four weeks, I have had a vivid dream. I usually have three or four a week but perhaps not being well has affected their occurance.

I am sitting in a temple room, lush drapes on the walls, loads of candles, incense etc. I am there with a beautiful Greek girl (why Greek?), with long dark hair and beautiful dark brown eyes. She believes me to be a tantric sex master but I am unable to remember anything about what we are supposed to do. My mind is a complete blank. It was like one of those dreams where people are taking an exam and turn over the paper to discover they have been studying the wrong thing all year, or are at the wrong exam. But with more sex involved obviously.

The girl remindered me of someone but I can't think who. I'm not sure I have ever met any Greek girls.
.
A Tibetan Buddhist Tantric image

A rather stunning statue showing "Yabyum"

No comments: