Sunday 10 August 2008

Last day of our breaks . . .

Villa Casamanza, Nr Perugia, Umbria, Italy

So to the last day of Well Being Breaks - at least for the foreseeable future. A bold idea that unfortunately didn't manage to find an audience at this time.

My last yoga class then also for the forseeable future. I videoed 30 minutes of the class and took some photos so there would be some proof for those back home that the participants had really done it.
Susie, Vicky and Linda in Trikonasana

Vicky had an especially fierce warrior pose

Three surprisingly stable trees

Always a challenging posture - Gomukasana

Two nice twists

Natalie and Susie have perfected Savasana during the week

And a final life coaching session just after lunch - did I have much of an impact in the end? Yes, I would say so - probably on a few people over the summer at least. What a strange career life coaching is!

It is the start of the Olympics in Beijing tonight and the opening ceremony reaches its climax just as Linda starts the evening pilates - very impressive fireworks. I wonder what London will come up with - something really poor I expect!

And Russia appears to have invaded Georgia to coincide with the games beginning. I am increasingly pessimistic about the outlook for the world. The majority of world GDP will be in non-democratic countries soon - not a good thought.

My last cooking for a large group tonight. Two types of risotto - spring veggie and a red pepper one. I am getting pretty good at risotto by now. A late night with quite a bit of limoncello drunk - never a good thing. And so the last night ends.

Last group meal - left to right: Emma, Vicky, Natalie, Trisha, Linda (hidden), Susie

No comments: