Sunday 10 August 2008

Last week of current work

Villa Casamanza, Near Perugia, Umbria

After a poor summer, this is our last week of working on running summer breaks. We have four guests this week (not quite enough to break even on the week) and though I am really sad that it is all coming to an end, I am determined to make this week a good one.

Our villa is located about 6km north-west of Perugia - the best side well away from the industrial part of the city. It looks like a "new-build" villa in an old style and is very comfortable. We hadn't seen the property prior to our arrival but it should be fine for our stay.

View from the driveway
Looking towards Assisi, early morning
From the pool towards Assisi - Susie in the executive floating pool chair!
Brunch on day two

So I have five more yoga classes to teach and have decided to adopt a more flowing style of class, even though I have four beginners and Linda as my participants this week. So we start with a gentle run through the easiest sun salutation, already finding lots of stiffness and aches from everyone. I keep having little breaks to explain stuff and so everyone manages a reasonably good first go. Linda felt that I should test people much more, but this was class number one of five and that will come later.

As a result of this weeks classes, my total teaching experience will pass 50 classes. I actually think I am actually quite an ok yoga teacher - not very spiritual, but fairly safe and able to produce a challenging class for everyone. But I'm not sure whether I will ever teach again after this week, which is rather a shame.

I finished reading Cohen's Birth of a New Physics this afternoon in the blazing sun by the pool. My tentative plans for next week here on my own involves doing loads of study and this will be one of the books I return to for some detailed note taking.

The temperature reaches 33 degree today and everyone is outside making the most of it, coated in factor 30 suncream and going for loads of swims to cool down. Such a contrasts to the UK which is still pretty poor weather. If only the poor weather had encouraged more people to come on our breaks this year. We blame the credit crunch for frightening off people!

No comments: