Friday 15 August 2008

A day at the villa

Villa Casamanza, Nr Perugia, Umbria, Italy

Spent most of today at the villa - working on various books and swimming lots. I haven't done any yoga since everyone left on Saturday, but the swimming has been pretty good instead and I did 100 lengths of the pool today (in two separate swims it must be said)


A slightly better picture of my study area than the one I posted the other day. I may have damaged my camera by crushing a peach against it in my rucsack and it maybe isn't working as it should at the moment!

The typical orange sky just at sunrise

Assisi hidden in mist - maybe I should try to visit there at dawn for some photos?

I read two whole books today, though there were in the Oxford "Very Short Introduction" series - Evolution and Cosmology. The first was actually quite hard I thought. I haven't studied biology since I was about 14 and my reading on it since school has not been much. So quite a lot of the detail was actually quite complicated even though most of the terms were familiar. The Cosmology one was pretty easy though

And tonight I was finally tempted to watch a move on the laptop - the recent Will Smith film "Hancock". This was actually much better than I had expected, though I would have been tempted to have a much bleaker ending and have them both die

Also did the first bit of packing for the journey home - the roofbox and the first boxes into the boot. Loads to do still though.

No comments: