Thursday 10 June 2010

Finally, news from Oxford . . . .

Finally a letter has come from the History Department at Oxford University about my PhD application. As suspected, the answer is No. I had expected to be quite disappointed but actually I feel quite ok about it. I have my Biography project to work on after the MSc dissertation is done, and I am also quite excited about doing trading again.

So my PhD application file is now closed. Will I re-apply for October 2011? Not sure yet. But I do think that if I can't do the PhD at Oxford, I don't want to do it anywhere else. My days of being a long-distance commuting student have passed with the MSc.

In the meantime, all my notes have been sorted out. Five boxes of stuff have gone out into the garage. I have still got quite a few piles of stuff, but the room does feel more ordered. Post exams, I am feeling quite good about things

No comments: