Monday 21 June 2010

Birthday Presents - only a few day's late

My birthday presents this year are just three - and were delayed till this weekend for work-related reasons.

From Linda I have received an upgrade to the Land Rover's music system - a new CD / Radio but with the important addition of a USB port for my ipod. For me this is a huge gain. It was fitted Saturday morning at the Halfords in Oxford and I am totally delighted with it. Now perhaps I will feel the incentive to edit my itunes. The road trip to Italy will be significantly enhanced by this addition.

For Emma I have received two books. Firstly, Ian Davidson's recent biography of Voltaire. This is to be the model for my own biography project that I'll be starting properly in September. Secondly, Adrian John's mammoth book on the the printing revolution. Both these are excellent books and I am very much looking forward to reading them both - perhaps in Italy?

Linda cooked her famous monkfish with parma ham meal on Saturday and also made three portions of her equally famous spaghetti bolognase on Sunday. What more could you want to celebrate your birthday?

No comments: