Tuesday 31 August 2010

The dissertation is finished! - now back to trading work

Finally, on Monday, with two days to go, I have a dissertation that complies with the regulations. It is under 10,000 words, including footnotes, is in double spaced format, and looks ok when printed.

For the past few days I have been whittling down a 15,000 draft to comply. This has taken the best part of three days at 9 hours work a day. The dissertation seems ok to me, though it hasn't really had adequate thought out into to it. Some bits are quite disjointed and the overall conclusion could be tighter. But the idea of showing the contrast between Kuhn's Copernican Revolution and his Structure of Scientific Revolutions and then bringing the same critical ideas to bear on Shapin's Scientific Revolution is not a bad idea as such - I just didn't make the best job of actually writing it due, of course, to having left it till the last minute.

So now I can get back to thinking about the start of trading, schedules for next week. Many issues to get right there was well. I am also quite looking forward to cleaning up the study which is an incredible mess at the moment

No comments: