Wednesday 2 September 2009

Timetabling for the new academic year

Bits and pieces are starting to fall into place for the start of the new academic year. The main outstanding question has been what should my third subject. Ideally I would have liked to do the Philosophy of Mathematics course that was on the schedule when I first applied for my course but now seems to have been dropped. So after a look at the other courses, it would seem that Philosophy of Economics is my best bet.

With that in mind it was off to the LSE website to see if there is any timetable info for next term. And, much to my surprise, it actually looks like things fit together rather well. In particular, I may be able to take the historiography course that I spotted last year (too late to see it by then)

So including my two Oxford courses, my timetable looks like

Wednesday

9:00 - 10:00 . Philosophy of Economics Lecture

11:00 - 1:00 . .Representing the past: Historiography and Historical Methods

2:00 - 3:30 . . .Philosophy of Economics Seminar

Thursday

11:00 - 1:00 . .History of Science lecture and seminar (Kings)

7:30 - 9:30 . . .Writing Biography (Oxford)

Friday

10:30 - 12:30 .Latin 1 (Oxford)

Overall I think this is pretty good, if pretty intense on a Wednesday. The main issue will be whether to stay up in London on a Wednesday night.

And as usual, the possibility of having to do some paid work again is rather hanging over me so I am tempted to work flat out for as long as possible. That has had rather a detrimental effect on me since this time last year. But I am still tempted to work this way for the coming period - however long that turns out to be.

No comments: