Tuesday 29 September 2009

London day - pre new term

For reasons of potential "paid work", I have a day up in London today. The two meetings go well and I am through to the next stage of the process. But it is clear that I have grave mis-givings about all this. There are a number of problems for me in this. The main one is that I would bear a number of large negatives if I went through with the plan but would gain none of the positives. Moreover, I find it hard to think that the positives elsewhere could possibly outweigh the negatives - hence it seems silly to proceed with something that has a net negative effect.

But the issues are complex and I have little idea what will come out of it all. What does annoy me more than anything else is that the various ideas being presented do not seem to be susceptible to rational argument. More or less everything I do is premised on the basis that ideas, views, etc, should be supported by argument, not just plucked out of thin air. That this is not the case in this instance is ther source of much dissatisfaction for me.

No comments: