Tuesday 2 January 2018

New year's Day - Sufferfest's "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

I have been psyching myself up for this indoor workout for the past few weeks - 1 hr 55 mins of turbo bike workout.

It sounds ridiculous, but I have discovered that there is a even more ridiculous one lurking within the Sufferfest videos - a 3 hour workout called "Kitchen sink" as in "everything but the kitchen sink"

I took it fairly easy, not necessarily hitting every power target as I wanted to ensure I finished it, and it turned out to not be that bad.  I have a target calorie burn for January of 25,000 and this first workout provided 1332 according to my turbo app, but this became 1195 when uploaded on Strava - don't know why there is the discrepancy.

I am pretty sure that the full target is too high as if I have 3 or 4 rest days in the month, then the 25,000 target has to be done over 27 rides which is over 900 calories per workout or about 90 minutes every time I do a ride, which might be more than I can do.

This workout is commonly known at "ISLAGIATT"  I am quite taken with the idea of long names condensed down and have thought of a few good ones of my own that I may try out soon

No comments: