Wednesday 3 January 2018

Blake's 7

It is apparently the 40th anniversary of the start of Blake's 7.  I certainly remember it first being shown.  Star Trek was our main outer space series and Blake's 7 appeared as something very similar.  All the boys I was at school with had a firm view on who the most attractive female crew member was - most favouring the blonde one, while I tended to prefer the brunette.  I remember thinking that Blake himself was rather a twat though, and I was very happy when he departed and Avon became the male lead.


I don't remember any of my friends ever saying that they liked the female villain, Servalan, more than the crew members but I was surprised many years later to discovery that my wife had had rather a crush on Servalan at one time.  Indeed, Wife once had her hair cut in a style not far off Servalan's.


 And what a cool spaceship - the Liberator!


No comments: