Monday 28 February 2011

Everest - Beyond the Limit. TV show

As part of my fitness motivation I have been thinking about mountain climbing for the first time in a while. If I ever do want to do a "big climb", I do need to get in betrter shape. So this Sunday I went to the gym for 75 mins and had a much better time than previous. I didn't feel so rushed, and so could do some proper work. I ached a great deal this morning, so some good was done

I have then come across a Discovery Channel show on climbing Everest - a bit like Deadliest Catch in that it is a multi-part, reality TV show following a particular climbing season with one of the commercial climbing firms on Everest. It has to be said that I don't approve of Sherpas fixing lines all the way from the North Col to the summit and then amateur climbers dragging themselves up the ropes to the top. with sherpa assistance.

This has also prompted me to look through the current KE Adventures brochure and I am attracted to loads of trips, including Mont Blanc, the highest peak in the Pyrennees, Peak Lenin, Mera and Island, and a huge route to K2. So now I have a few possible targets for when I am fitter

No comments: