Thursday 4 June 2009

Last blog entry for a while

This Saturday I am off to Spain for a week for a work-related trip. I am planning to never include ANYTHING in this blog that relates to paid work. However the trip will have some free time involved and I should be able to do a good range of non-work-related stuff as well.

We are based near Granada for the week. So I have booked a trip to the Alhambra - something we didn't do on our visits last year - and I am hoping to do some driving round the mountains nearby.

Also in my free time I am doing the last prep for my PH400 exam in 10 days time. I am just about reaching the stage when I have had enough of doing this work. Maybe a few more days and then move on to something else.

Books just finished - Alain De Botton's The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work, Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air, Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and Michael Lailach's Land Art

Books just started - Emma Kennedy's The Tent, the Bucket and Me, and Steve Knopper's Appetite for Destruction.

Books that I have been reading for a while now - Richard Long's Walking the Line, and Derek Gjertsen's Science and Philosophy

Current listening - Boris (of course), Pere Ubu, Ash Ra Tempel and Lee "Scratch" Perry

But I do have lots of new stuff to start on when I get back - indeed some very exciting ideas

No comments: