Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Inbetweeners

The surprise hit of the summer has been the film version the The Inbetweeners. I had watched a couple of episodes of this when it was on tv but in the light of the media coverage about the movie, we have been working our way through the 3 series. Both Linda and I went to mixed schools and, as with just about everyone who watches this show, we both remember many very similar events to those in the show.

But a slight disagreement between us as to the best episode - Linda likes the geography field trip to the coast, I most like the charity fashion shoot.

And, like many people, I am a big fan of Will's mum. When I was about 18, there was one of my friend's mothers who was definitely viewed in the same light as Will's mum. Late one afternoon, I once went round to his house to drop off some fishing tackle I had borrowed, only to find that he was out and that his mother was there alone and seemed to have been drinking for some while. She offered me a beer, which I rather foolishly accepted and then she proceeded to discuss how, since she split up from her husband a year or two earlier, she had not had a decent f***. I made my excuses and got out of their pretty quick. But I have occasionally wondered if that was the right decision!

Will's mum in The Inbetweeners


And two rather more risque pictures of "everyone's favourite MILF"

No comments: