Tuesday 7 July 2009

Sundry things

Emma spent an evening with us at short notice. Her work seems to be going well so far. Her main reason for coming home was the hope that I might take her down to Henley on the Saturday, where she would be meeting her boyfriend and his mum and dad. It is surprising how many kites we saw between here and Henley.

The Tour de France has started - once my favourite summer sporting event. Lance is back this year but I can't really see him winning again. Contador is the clear favourite. There are one or two decent mountain stages, including Mont Vonteau on the next to last day.

A terrific episode of the oddly-named Supersizers show set around the food of the French Revolution. I am inspired to perhaps read a book on the subject of the F.R. at some point soon

I have downloaded a movie about Luther which was also very good. I've recently bought a biography of Luther - wonder how much in the film was solidly grounded in fact?

No comments: