Sunday 1 January 2017

Christmas Books

A few new books for Christmas this year from Daughter.

The briefly studied the Frankfurt School at University but was turned off by what I considered the absurdity of the concept of "reification" - the idea that, but for a few exceptional thinkers who can point to the truth, we are all trapped in the world manipulated by capitalists.

The book has got some good reviews and has re-kindled my interest in the subject.


Lately I have been reading a few books from what you might call the extreme political left - particularly the field of so-called "critical theory"

And this is another
I seem to read a history of the French Revolution every two or three years - the "terror" remains an interesting historical topic for me.  This is the latest


And finally, my lifelong interest in medieval manuscripts has another outlet


No comments: