Thursday 13 May 2010

What is erotic?

I suspect there really isn't an answer to this question. Indeed if ever I am tempted to think that I have come across most things in this area, a purchase of the monthly magazine Bizarre soon sets me straight!

But I am quite taken by the picture below from today's Independent showing a scene from the Christie's auction house in Manhattan where Michael Crichton's art collection was sold yesterday. The young lady below is standing between Picasso's Femme et Fillettes and Jasper John's Flag (which has always been one of my favourite pictures). It is the combination of appreciation of art and the girl's very nice legs and smart suit that does it for me. I reckon

A constant erotic favourite for me remains French Maid's outfits - I have no idea why though. Apparently the notion of the naughty maid comes from 1930s music halls and bawdy plays, based on the idea that young French girls helping in one's house was a recipe for much comedy. The picture below is, of course, Jennifer Aniston, who makes an excellent maid - though her outfit could be improved perhaps by stockings rather than bare legs. This picture comes from one of the her films - Friends with Money - not perhaps her greatest film moment, from what I remember, but the scene below made up for that

Or there is the classic naughty maid bending over - always a favourite

No comments: