Friday 11 January 2019

Dead Can Dance in Paris in May

A possible highlight for 2019 will be seeing Dead Can Dance in Paris in May.  Some years back I joined the mailing list for the official DCD site but have rarely ever had anything from them, so the announcement of a new album and a European tour was a big surprise.

So far I have only heard the new album once and wasn't too impressed by it to be honest. I think the idea of a Dionysus-themed album is not a great idea.  Also it sounds more like a Brendan Perry solo album rather than a real Brendan-Lisa collaboration.

None the less, I am really looking forward to the show.  We are seeing the Friday show and plan to go up to Paris on the Wednesday and maybe stay till the Sunday so we can also have a bit of a repeat of the Paris trip from the autumn.

This will be the 24th time I have seen DCD in concert and just like 2013, seeing them again is something I didn't expect to happen


The Grand Rex Theatre in Paris - we'll be there on May 10th

Addendum - a week or so later

I have now heard the track "Sea Borne" from the new album quite a few times and have come to like that a lot.  Maybe if I ignore the concept and listen to it one track at a time I will enjoy it more! 

No comments: