Tuesday 29 April 2008

First full day . . . .

Sunday April 27th 2008

Moorish Farmhouse, Orgiva, Spain

Our yoga and pilates start today, though we do pitch today as a bit of a transitional day. So I have now taught my first official Well Being Break's yoga class to our guests and Zoe. All the participants are beginners and that does add a little tension to how I feel, but after a slightly nervous start when I kept forgetting my own breathing, things seem to go pretty well, though I did overshoot in time by about 20 minutes. Tomorrow I will have a clock with me.

The only major change in plan was that we couldn't hold the class on the grass under the lemon trees as there was too much dew overnight. So. like Linda, I am doing my classes in the courtyard. I was very pleased with how it went and the participants also seemed happy. Zoe has done quite a bit of yoga and she was also very complimentary. So an ok start for me. Zoe has plans to invite loads of local friends to attend the classes with Linda and myself, which would be good.

Meanwhile Linda had prepared brunch which I thought was really nice - lots of fresh fruit, muesli, yoghurts, cheese, pates, etc. Afterwards I took Paul and Meg down to Orgiva for a quick walk round so they could get their bearings, and then they were off into the mountians to visit Pampaneira and Trevelez, the latter of which is several thousand feet up. Meanwhile, Linda and I have time for a bit of relaxation and the it is time to re-group and prep for dinner.

Linda's class attracts two locals. Across the valley in Tablones there is a fiesta taking place and a very concerted blast of fireworks went off about a quarter of the way into her class. I bet there aren't too many Pilates teachers who have had to suspend a class for a minute or two while a firework display finishes.

Tonight's meal is a little simpler than last night. The escalivida left over from last night (which tasted even better), followed by fish with a homemade pesto topping, rice and salad and a fruit platter with raspberry coulis for dessert.

Much to our relief, our guests have had a good first day and seem very pleased. So that is promising.

No comments: