Monday 29 November 2010

Hawkwind and Echo and the Bunnymen shows

Walking to the dentist across Gloucester Green this morning I paused briefly at an advert for the O2 academy - the former Zodiac in Cowley. Two bands catch my eye. Firstly, on December 16th (when Linda will be free and before Christmas visitors arrive), Hawkwind are playing. Linda used to really like them and I am a great fan of some of their live stuff. Both of us agree that Space Ritual is a supurb live album

One of the greatest "double live albums" of all time?

And then also Echo and the Bunnymen who are touring with a performance of their first two albums, Crocodiles and Heaven up Here. Once upon a time, these were my two favourite albums. Though theoretically opposed to such tours, I have decided to go and see this one.

No comments: