Thursday 5 August 2010

Italy Holiday VIII - Saturday & Sunday

Saturday

Our last full day and, thankfully, the weather has improved and we are able to spend a day reading by the pool - pretty much the perfect end to the holiday we both think. I finished reading Phantom Prey which was not very good, but I couldn't face anything much harder today - the odd Philosopher's Magazine article.

No news from Emma for several day's now - hope she is ok!

Some time spent on pondering my dissertation which I really need to get started on properly when we get back. Also my latest thoughts on trading and what I might say to Jerome when I see him on Monday. I know he is keen to be involved in trading again, but I am not really sure what role he might have. Also more thoughts on fast, counter-trend systems and their integration with the other systems.

We pick Il Molo for our last meal and very good it was too. Linda has something of the end of holiday blues but that might be because we really think this town will be one we return to regularly in the future - perhaps October this year or May next.

Sunday

A reasonably uneventful journey down to Rome airport though Linda was fretting that we were going to be late and I had some concerns about one of the rear tyres which looks very soft. But everything went ok, though Linda did decide to purchase a speedy boarding ticket from Easyjet for E12 so she could jump the queue.

I was on my way again around 10:00 for the drive to Chiavari on the Italian Riviera. I am able to pump up the car's tyre and have a decent enough journey arriving around 4:00. The hotel was easy to find and I bought some food at a local supermarket before having a quiet evening in. No point going out it seemed to me - the holiday was over now and it is just a case of getting home - with the exception of the Jerome visit tomorrow.


The Hotel Torino at Chiavani on the Italian Riviera - slept like a log after a long drive

No comments: