Thursday 3 May 2018

I have hurt my back and suddenly feel very old

Walking down the stairs last week, I slipped on the slightly shiny wood and my legs shot out from under me.  I took the full force of the fall mid way up my back on my right side.  Initially it just seemed like I had badly bruised the area and for two days it was sore but not too bad, and it definitely seemed to be getting better.

But on the third day after the fall, I started to get really bad muscle spasms and my mobility started to really get worse.  A day later and I was in quite a lot of discomfort every day, and now have trouble getting upright when I have been lying down.

Suddenly I feel really old.  I can only walk a few hundred yards before the dull ache starts to become a sharp pain.  I won't be doing any fitness training for a while it would seem, just as I was about to start my push to be super-fit for cycling up the Col du Tourmalet in late June.



So I have acquired a support belt to hopefully speed along recovery.  But backs take a long time to heal properly and I suspect it will be a few more weeks till I am back to normal.

What a pain - literally

No comments: