Tuesday 5 December 2017

Discovering "The Sufferfest"

A few weeks ago, I acquired a Kinetic Fit Smart Turbo Trainer which came with an App for our tablet which contains about 80 indoor cycling workouts.  It has taken me a little while to set everything up and learn how to calibrate the power readings on the app (such as getting an initial estimate for FTP).

And while working my way through the list of workouts, I discovered about 20 workouts described as being "The Sufferfest".  I hadn't heard of this before, but it is a series of interval training indoor bike workouts to which you can view real cycling footage.  It is described as being a full "immersive" experience in which you can get into the story line of the workout.

So far I have not subscribed to The Sufferfest but am intending to do so when we are back from the UK after Christmas.  In the meantime, I have started doing the workouts accompanied by videos I have downloaded off Youtube.

Three Sufferfest targets:

1.  To ride the longest workout "ISLAGIATT" once before we go back to the UK

2.  Ride three consecutive Sufferfests in one training session - ideally on January 1st 2018

(there is a 9 workout sequence that can be done in one day apparently but is far too tough for me - but maybe 3 would be possible)

3.  Do "The Tour de Sufferlandia" in 2018 - 9 workouts in 9 days, probably in January

And another January 2018 target - to complete 20,000 calories in the month on my turbo trainer.

And I'd like a Sufferfest cycling top - $80




No comments: