Tuesday 3 January 2012

Fishing Magazines - Waterlog

My hunting through the boxes of fishing magazines has caused me to stumble upon a stack of copies of Waterlog, the Chris Yates magazine. This really is a quite extraordinary fishing magazine when compared to the typical technique-based regular fishing magazine. I have sorted through perhaps 30 copies, selecting three or four articles from each. I was particularly pleased to note the focus on Bernard Venables up to his death.

In one instance, a letter writer noted that he found the magazine to be founded on mis-information, and a total disregard for sound fishing practices. As a result, he would of course be renewing his subscription.

A hunt on the internet reveals that Waterlog is still published but on a subscription only basis - I am seriously considering subscribing.

No comments: