Thursday 26 May 2011

A Kate McGarrigle Day

Prompted by Jerome listening to Loudon Wainwright and then Martha, it turns into something of a Kate McGarrigle day for me. This involves listening to a few albums, especially the first album, Dancer with Bruised Knees and Heartbeats Accelerating. Then a couple of live shows from the 1990s. Later, I also listened to More love songs and Therapy by Loudon Wainwright, as counter-balance perhaps

Have there ever been saddeer songs that I eat dinner, Unhappy anniversary, Your mother and I, . . . . .

Unlike Jerome, I am not a fan of Rufus Wainwright, but might listen to some of his stuff having seen him perform with Martha at Glastonbury in a short clip on Youtube. And there are some great videos to go with The Swimming Song I noticed - especially liked one featuring dogs and one by an old guy planning guitar in a feature called Songs Kate McGarrigle taught me to love



One of the true greats in my view - the world is a worse place for her absence from it





Great 1970s pic I thought

No comments: