Saturday 18 December 2010

Venetian Masks

Inspired by the very erotic dancers at Hawkwind, I have been looking at some photos of the Venice Carnivale, where many, if nor most, of the participants wear masks. There is definitely something very erotic about this but I have no idea what it might be.

I has been reminded about a scene in the controversial current version of Spartacus where the very glamorous young wife of the local senator has Lucy Lawless arrange her a night of love with a gladiator made us as a statue. Both she and the gladiator (who turns out to be Spartacus) where masks, and the scene is very odd as their "faces" remain expressionless throughout the encounter.

It turns out that Lucy Lawless has set up glamorous bored wife in a case of mistaken identity. I haven't seen all the episodes of this series - but that one scene did stand out rather






All very erotic it seems to me

No comments: