Tuesday 21 December 2010

10-in-a-row competition - a win, but not a big one

For the last week or so I have been waiting to hear from the spread betting company that was running the ten-in-a-row competition as to how much I had won. The word was that there have been quite a few winners, so my expectations had been somewhat reduced from the idea that I might have won the whole £100,000.

It turns out there were about 185 winners for £540 to each. In some ways a bit of a disappointment - even with the news that there were a lot of winners, I had hoped that this might mean less than 50.

But for us there is a greater significance. When I was looking at trading systems that might have a large percentage of small MFE wins, I strumbled across a whole family of systems that I had first looked at in the 1990s and which still seem to have great possibilities. Indeed the work of these systems has been most of my work for the past month and starting January 3rd, they will form the major part of what we will be trading. We have very high hopes that this will work out well.

So out of a £540 win, might come something much bigger. I can hardly wait to see what happens!

No comments: