Friday 19 November 2010

MSc results are out early

For the first time in ages I had a look at my LSE email account. This reveals that my MSc result is out - indeed it has been available for the last couple of weeks. This reveals that I have obtained a level of "distinction", the highest awarded for an MSc and the equivalent of a First at undergraduate level.

The paper on which I only spent a week of work - Philosophy of Economics - was a high merit grade, which just shows you how you still achieve a good result without doing any of the necessary work. So only 1 lecture attended, one class, no essays produced, only one-third of the reading list even looked at. Quite a good result I feel.

But there is also a sense of deflation. I had hoped that by now I would have started my PhD. But it looks like my MSc might be the only return to academia that I manage. And that is all rather sad I feel. So really this result is of little significance and I shall put it out of my mind and concentrate on other things

No comments: