Friday 29 October 2010

Neu at the Barbican

Reviews have appeared in the papers of a show at the Barbican by a band calling itself "Hallogallo". This name is, of course, a track off the first album by Neu!, stupendously great krautrock band from the 1970s. It turns out that this new band is the guitarist from Neu! together with Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth and someone else on bass, and they are playing a set of old Neu! tracks. As the reviews say, this could have turned out really badly, but actually, Steve Shelley may be the perfect "motorrik" drummer.

A bit of searching finds me a recording of the show, which turns out to be truly wonderful. I have played it through at least 6 times today and it gets better and better. I especially like track 3, which I am currently unable to put a title on. No doubt it will come to me.

Is this great or what?


"Hallogallo" live in concert

No comments: