Monday 20 September 2010

Week three of trading begins & current music

Hunting round other spread betting sites, I have come across Worldspreads and their claim that for ten markets they are willing to quote prices with no spreads attached. We estimate that spreads will consume about one-third of our gross profit, so the idea of lower spreads is hugely significant for us. Searching their website, I discover that it only applies to one type of account but we seem to meet the criteria for this. Also, three markets that we either trade or plan to trade are including in the ten. So I have applied for an account and we'll wait and see. I can't help thinking that there must be a very significant catch somewhere in this

We are now just about ready to trade multi-systems on each market. So from Monday, it will be two systems for crude oil and euro-$, and one for US equities. We might also be ready to add the DAX equity future if I can finish the research in time

Then I stumbled across a supplement with the Independent on Spread Betting which featured the chief executive of Worldspreads claiming that punters will take advantage of the zero spreads but then also trade other things with them at normal spreads - he could be right about this. It has certainly attracted our attention

Also in the last few days I have rediscovered the music of SPK - now there was a band to be reckoned with. I saw them once at the ICA and they nearly burnt the place down.

Typical SPK live scene
Sinan - briefly the singer with SPK and someone I rather fancied at the time

And also PJ Harvey, who I haven't listened to for a while. I have been enjoying youtube clips of her at the Reading Festival where she wore her amazing boots, mini skirt and bra outfit.


One of the sexiest photos of anyone ever in my view

No comments: