Sunday 4 July 2010

Man things

A few weeks back I was watching a stand up comedy performance by Michael someone. Apparently he is one of Britain's most popular stand-ups, though I seem to have not heard of him before. He was talking about "man things", like his "man drawer" with a collection of rubbish in it, and various things that only men should do, like change light bulbs, go into the loft and so on.

This morning I did something that one could perhaps term a "man thing". To my surprise, the front left tyre on the Land Rover was completely flat this morning. And perhaps more surprising, I was able to change the tyre for the spare. Now that is a proper "man thing" to be able to do. I must admit, there was a small amount of male pride on the job's completion - sadly no one else in the house seemed very impressed though.

At various points in the day, a little smile crept over me as I remembered my heroics.

No comments: