Monday 12 April 2010

Briony Campbell's "dad" project

The Saturday Guardian featured an article on the photographic project by Briony Campbell of her father's fight against cancer. No doubt like all the other people who have lost their father to cancer, I found the feature very moving. It is about this time four years ago that my father was going through the same process. He had just a few months left to live, his weight was dropping rapidly, he couldn't eat much, he was tired all the time . . . . and so on.

It didn't occur to me to take photos of my father at that time, but then Briony Campbell was doing an MA in photographic studies at the time, so no doubt it was a more normal part of their day-to-day life. Strange how the passing of time since 2006 hasn't really made things much easier.

The "full project" is at www.brionycampbell.com







This last picture is especially moving I thought

No comments: