Saturday 13 March 2010

A melancholic morning at LSE

It is my penultimate day at LSE and I have felt quite melancholic all day. There have been some good points in the second year of my MSc but overall it has not been as good as last year. Much of this morning was spent wandering round rather aimlessly. Lots of time to kill before my class, I just couldn't get settled into anything. A bit of time in the library, breakfast on the 4th floor, a look in the bookshop, some time in the student shop. Wasting time really.

But I did spend some time on one of the LSE computers in the library and was impressed by just how fast it was when I was logged onto one of the trading sites I have been following. My laptop at home is doing really badly at running this software and I have been thinking about getting a new one. At least the day at LSE revealed this.

But John's lecture was quite good (though cut short by University bureaucracy that he needed to attend to). Mainly on theories of collisions after Descartes, including a long discussion of the "moving boat" argument by Huygens - a great set of arguments

No comments: