Saturday 20 March 2010

Last teaching day at LSE

My last teaching day down at LSE, but not such a feeling of melancholia as last week, mainly due to chats with John and Miklos. In both cases, I wanted to suss them out as possible referees if I decide to apply to other places in a year's time, should Oxford be a rejection this year. They are both quite happy to do this and this rather perked me up. But it is a shame that I haven't been able to find some people to chat to out of class - I would have liked to have got to know Mark much better but he would always shoot off straight away after classes.

A last trip to the library for some time too. I had wondered if LSE had many books on stock market trading but it would appear not. But I did get Eisenstein's The printing press as an agent of change, as well as an example of one book from a series editied by Robin Myers and Michael Harris, in this case, A Millennium of the Book: Production, Design and Illustration in Manuscript and Print, 900-1900.

So Miklos signed off my dissertation topic proposal - supposedly LSE is going to be much stricter with people not sending these in at the right time. Then it was off out and home in time for some work before going back to Oxford for my penultimate biography seminar. Odd to think that all my course will have finished soon.

No comments: