Wednesday 17 February 2010

A bizarre planning story

Just before Christmas we heard that a planning application we had made for changes to our garage had been turned down. Our application was being handled by a architect in Abingdon which has done a few of this type of building in the local area. In early December, he was due to start the appeals process for us, but we hadn't heard anything of this for a few weeks.

When I called him today we were rather shocked to discover that he has left his wife and family and disappeared - supposedly down to somewhere near Torquay - leaving a number of clients in the lurch. Yet Raymond was in his seventies, so it is not entirely like Reginald Perrin

So I have had to start work on this myself. A couple of calls to the Planning Office and I have discovered that the appeal was not filled, but that we still have three months left if we want to. But I also learnt that it might be possible to sort out the objections directly with them, rather than appeal and I am off to meet them in a couple of weeks time. They have also heard of Raymond's disappearance, so my plight to not unique

No comments: