Monday 8 February 2010

Back feeling glum . . . .

The brief uplift on Friday and Saturday was reversed strongly on Sunday with a very poor day. No doubt much thought will be spent on the various ramifications of all this. So quite a gloom hangs over the start of the week. Attempts to get into some new reading rather fail - I probably managed less that 10 pages of academic reading today. And earlier resolutions to write more have so far come to nought.

So I worked through more issues of my various professional association journals - a deeply depressing activity though I did find a saving of over £200 on something I have to pay out soon. You can tell things are bad when my main day's listening are albums by the Smiths - though one should also admit that they were superb records. Not even my new books from Saturday can get me going.

One bright spot is an article of women and sleep (the "new feminist issue" apparently) in The Times on Saturday by Naomi Wolf. A very foolish picture of her in pink pajamas accompanies the article and gives the cue for headlines like "In bed with Naomi". Maybe I should re-read her book The Treehouse, which I found a very inspirational in the past.


What a fine picture!

No comments: