Sunday 3 January 2010

My annual attempt to study art - Gerhard Richter

One of my annual resolutions is always to try and spend a bit more time each year on the study of art. Actually the past couple of years have been quite acceptable in respect of this - the shows in Perugia that I went to, the Richard Long show, the ones at the British Museum. This year my main priority is to see the new Renaissance galleries at the V&A.

In the meantime, a short article in the current issue of Wire, still my favourite music magazine, featured the Gerhard Richter candle picture from Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation. Richter has a really beautiful website (www.gerhard-richter.com) full of high-quality versions of his works. It has been a few blogs since I attached any pictures, so at least I can now do so!



I was surprised to discover that the candle pictures are actually quite large - the Sonic Youth one is apparently 7ft x 7ft.







No comments: