Tuesday 1 December 2009

LSE exam result - at last

It has been months since I took the one exam for my MSc that I was doing this year. Rumours abounded that one's tutor might know you results as early as July, but if they did, they weren't saying. I had a vague idea that they would be out in November and it turned out that this was November 30th. Then the great day arrives and it turns out they are released at 8:00pm - why so late?

But the upshot it, as I would have expected, I have achieved the distinction mark for PH400 - 75%. I put on my PhD application that I thought I would get a distinction, so that is all ok - should they ask me about it at any point. There is, of course, no news from Oxford. But looking around the website again, I did discover that they don't interview many people - only those who they have some query about. So maybe silence on this front is a good thing.

So back to work - today I am studying Simon's article on Kepler and astrology from 1975, an article by Bruce Moran on Melanchthon and the reception of Copernicanism, and I am finishing off my notes for the Kepler talk next week.

For the first time this autumn / winter, there has been a sharp drop in temperature and a heavy frost. I can barely see out the study window for heavy condensation. Time to put the heating back on for another hour!

No comments: