Monday 28 December 2009

Back to work

A gentle re-start to work. First up, sorting out the various piles of papers stacked all around the study - various articles, notes, lists, essays, etc. Two boxes of stuff have gone to the garage and a little floor space has appeared.

I was surprised to discover just how many articles I have printed off from the online Stanford Philosophy Encyclopedia - again, one box full goes to the garage, and the remainder are filed in the Kepler project files.

I know have a reading pile and a separate note-taking pile. My early year goal is to take notes on the material I have already read and not add too much new reading to the note-taking pile. My next work will be on updating my Kepler working bibliography

Today's (limited) reading - a chapter from The Cambridge History of Renaissance Philosophy on "Literary forms of medieval philosophy". Absolutely fascinating and exactly the sort of academic article that I can't write but would love to be able to do

A list of books to find at LSE is slowly being compiled, including another one that I had thought of buying but which I thought probably cost too much - Catherine Wilson's Epicureanism at the origins of Modernity

No comments: