Wednesday 20 May 2009

Is the weather finally changing?

Most of the last week or so has been fairly unpleasant weather. One of the main things about having an allotment is that you become much more attentive to the weather. No work has been done for a few days but today we finally avoid more rain and I can spend an hour or so there late afternoon. Lots of prep work still needs to be done - the sort of work that really should have been done last year. But today I did at least sort out the next planting strip - number 6 of 15. So lots of beans and peas to plant out in the next day or so.

Some sunshine this evening. I was sitting watching a DVD about the artist Andy Goldsworthy when it suddenly occurred to me that really I should be outside, taking advantage of the first sun for days. So a few photos were taken in the bit of sunlight left. I particularly like the third.


Such a cliche - rapeseed and blue sky!

The field opposite our house

From the path where the badgers live

Some of the trees we planted last November

No comments: