Saturday 2 May 2009

Day at LSE - important developments

A trip down to London for the first time in a while. My current walk from Marble Arch to LSE takes me the back roads route past the US Embassy and numerous fund management companies - probably hege funds in the main. Through Soho, via Camisa's deli and settled in the library around 9:30.

I had expected the library to be relatively sparsely populated. Surely now that classes have finished, most student would stay at home and work? But this is definitely not the case and by about 12:00 the library was virtually full. Despite having my ipod to listen to, in the end I was not that happy working in this environment. But I did achieve my main goal - to complete a PH400 exam paper under something like exam conditions.

Then to Student Services to enquire about the position re the PH404 exam. It is not possible to do the paper at a different time this year so the choices are to return from Spain for the exam or defer till next year. I have been gradually drifting towards the second of these choices and have obtained the necessary forms this morning. After all, PH404 is my favourite course and this choice might give me the chance to see some of it again next year - or at worst, another year to add to my reading on the subject.

So that is a major effect of my day - I have a form to fill out and various signatures to obtain. A couple more days to wait till the exam timetable is confirmed and then I can decide what I want to do

Back home late afternoon and I watched a couple of episodes of a cooking programme based around the cook's allotment ("James Martin Digs Deep") which featured a recipe for Creme Brulee. This is my new target dish and I will be preparing four portions tomorrow, assuming I can get a chef's blowtorch. It has been some while since I have tried a new dish, but I am beginning to think about what to do with the expected crop surplus that hopefully will arise over the summer.

No comments: