Wednesday 8 April 2009

Three days in the Lake District

Stickle Gill - one of the pools I used to play in when I was about 10



Emma preparing to cross the gill near the top

Looking back into the Langdale Valley


Lunch at Stickle Tarn, with Pavey Ark in the background

On the approach to the summit of Harrison Stickle - Lake Windermere in the background

Pavey Ark from close to the summit of Harrison Stickle

Snow on the top of Bowfell / Crinkle Crags

Emma reaching the summit of Harrison Stickle
Emma looking towards Helvellyn (in the far distance)

Emma at the start of the descent


Pavey Ark - Jake's Rake just visible. I last climbed this when I was about 25. Unlikely to do it again!


Afternoon snack back at the Tarn


Near the end of the walk




Arnside Estuary
Train on Arnside viaduct - only the second or third time I have ever seen a train there

Two trains on the viaduct - unprecidented




No comments: