Tuesday 28 April 2009

Revision, allotmenting & an amazing rainbow

Recent days have been very similar. Wake around 4:30 to 5:00, start work by 5:30. Work till lunchtime, creating very short revision notes (currently for PH400), lunch, more revision till mid-afternoon, then go to the allotment for a few hours physical effort to clear the head - still re-doing the fencing, very slow and hard work.

Tonight I got back from the allotment around 7:30. The sun was low over Hinton and there was a huge rain storm leading to just about the most perfect double rainbow I have ever seen. Photographing rainbows is always a challenge for correct exposure and getting the focusing right (can't use auto focus as the camera can't see the rainbow - not enough contrast). I remember long before digital cameras, wasting two rolls of film on a rainbow. Some very odd comments from the place I got the photos developed.

Years ago, when we lived in Stoke Newington in London, Linda's mum once rang us up to ask if we could see the beautiful rainbow that she could then see. Given that she lived 10 miles away, this was somewhat odd - still one of my favourite mother-in-law stories though!

The pictures below are by far the most successful rainbow pictures I have ever taken - shame I don't have a wide enough angle lens to get it all in






No comments: