Tuesday 3 March 2009

Reading Shapin - thinking of fishing

Most current MSc work remains reading Shapin's The Scientific Revolution as part of my dissertation. But the last couple of weeks have been very poor from the point of view of work. Not really getting anywhere near as much done as I had thought I might have done.

There was a short article in the Guardian recently discussing the "agonies" involved in the act of writing. Of course the people interviewed were all fiction writers, but many of the points raised would probably apply to just about any sort of writing I would think. I certainly recognised many of the problems that I am having at the moment.

So my thoughts have turned a little towards fishing, with the season not having long to go. The weather hasn't been great for river fishing lately, with snow, frosts and then heavy rain. So the rivers are still quite high. From what I can tell on fishing websites and in the magazines, this is proving a problem for most fishermen at the moment.

But at least I have sorted out the fishing tackle and put a kit together aimed at chubbing on the Evenlode.

No comments: