Friday 6 February 2009

Snow - again

As per the weather forecasts last night, we have had 3 or 4 inches overnight - we seem to have come off lightly compared to a lot of the south of England. This has resulted in Linda's Pilates clients continuing to cancel - having to stay home to look after kids whose schools are closed is the most common reason. Two do make it today, but Linda does have most of the day free.
Our house at 8:15am
Our road - just two vehicle tracks so far
The road to Hinton Waldrist

Today's work is mainly two articles - Thackray's The Pre-History of an Academic Discipline and Dear's Jesuit Mathematical Science and the Reconstitution of Experience in the Early Seventeenth Century. The former was considerably less interesting than I had hoped, the latter more so (though it did seem hugely repetitious to me)

Interspersed with work, I am trying to find the motivation to work out how my new phone works. I have never really bothered to do this before, but perhaps should try to master a few basic commands (e.g. texting). It seems to hugely amuse the rest of the family that I have never worked how to do this important modern skill

Current music is one of the collaboration cds by Boris and Merzbow - radical reinterpretations of many tracks that I have come to love over the past month or so. e.g. Rainbow, Flower Sun Rain, Just Abandoned Myself, Feedbacker, and so on. Basically these consist of slightly reworked versions of the songs with sheets of noise overlaying the original tracks. Am I ready yet to start on the Merzbox, the Merbow 50 cd boxset?

No comments: