Tuesday 24 February 2009

More PC problems, work slowing down

Not only is the PC taking more than 10 minutes to boot up but various programmes seem to be failing. In the last two days I have lost i-tunes and Word, but some long and tortuous fiddling around restores them both this morning.

I have not been doing much MSc work lately as I've been focusing on work related to get a new job. But I discovered yesterday that I am first speaker at Wednesday's Dissertation seminar in which I have to appraise a previous thesis. I have chosen the high scoring "Gruesome simplicity" thesis from a few year's ago. I was not that impressed given its high score. But I only spent an hour or so reading it and jotting down some notes.

Sold a CD that perhaps I would have liked to have kept if only for its extreme unusualness - Phil Niblock's G2 - two 30 minute drones. Someone in Italy has good taste it seems. Listened to it this afternoon and very nice it was to.

Evening listening was Boris "The Thing which Solomon Overlooked" - a 3-cd set. More extreme noise.

No comments: