Friday 20 February 2009

Allotment ideas

I didn't manage to do the next day's full exercise plan, though all my aches have just about gone from the last lot on Wednesday. Instead the morning is spent dealing with yet another PC virus (this one called "MS antispyware PC") and working on my critique of Shapin's The Scientific Revolution. If I do decide to radically cut back my thesis to one, tightly-defined topic, it will be this critique.

My "exercise" for the day consists of an hour in the garden clearing five of the raised beds. My thought have turned towards the allotment and what we might try and do this year with it. In the light of this, I have started reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, recounting her family's attempt at eating just local food for a year. And I have been looking at some new recipes to try out over the next few weeks - get me back to thinking about food in a serious way again.

Key music for the last few days - the Boris & Merzbow version of The Evilone which sobs - the most extraordinary track from the extraordinary CD Rock Dreams

And tonight we cook some delicious (and local) pork and leak sausages and watch "Marley and Me". This inspires us to look into the cost of husky puppies - about £450 to £600 apparently.

No comments: