Saturday 27 December 2008

Post Christmas review - what next?

A couple of days off and I feel quite refreshed and ready to really get going again. Christmas day was really nice, as was Boxing Day though this did involve 6 hours driving as well as time spent in the company of one of Linda's stranger relatives.

I should be able to do a moderate amount of study over the next few days, but on Tuesday Linda and Emma are having a Spa day away together and I am hoping to get 12 hours work done that day. I am really looking forward to that day as my focus is going to be on writing and thinking - not reading. The next month or so I have to get most of my notes done. My very remote chances of going on to do a PhD depend on me getting a new job by March or so that can last 18 months. So I need my notes to be well advanced and then most of my MSc work post-new-job would be related to producing essay plans for the subjects I intend to be examined in six months time

I have ended up with about 2,000 pages of articles printed off and this will form the backbone of my work over the next couple of months. I figure I can do about 50 pages a day, so I should be able to make it through all this. I also have a couple of dozen books that I'd like to get through as well. But by March, I should be in good shape.

But I do need to ensure that the work is balanced in the sense of covering both P of S and H of S. So much of it is dissertation related and only impinges on the precise topics of the other syllabuses to a small degree. Staying relevant to the exams could be a real problem

No comments: